Friday, April 5, 2013

LE



In light of the spring 2013 Limited Edition collection released yesterday, I thought it appropriate to make my first post a review of some of the pieces. Like everyone else, I had been expecting it to come out soon, so I was really excited when I woke up and saw that it was already out before I had to leave for school.

Overall, I was quite impressed with the quality of the items compared to previous collections. There was much less neon and pink this time around and the focus was more on casual streetstyle, with elements of grunge, no less - one my favorite styles at the moment!

The Best:

Gold Trim Moto Jacket, 132sd

This jacket is a bit pricey, but I think it's one of the very best pieces of the collection. It's well-drawn, open so that you can see whatever outfit is being worn underneath, and the zipper detailing adds a touch of personality and interest. It would look great styled for spring with a flowy maxi skirt, or in a more rock-inspired look with some ankle boots.


Fringed Shorts, 52sd

These shorts are on-trend, an excellent color with just a bit of an ombre effect, and are versatile enough to be worn with many different styles of outfits. I think the versatility especially is a great advantage, since many LE pieces are so 'out there' that it becomes difficult to find ways to use them with any kind of regularity. And the fringe detailing is wonderful. They're a great buy, especially with that price tag!


Quilted Flounce Skirt, 78sd

This is a great skirt that can be dressed up or down. While skater skirts are very much in fashion right now, this one constitutes a slight variation to the style with the use of a quilted design. The price is a bit high, but as far as skirts on Stardoll go, this is a very nice one and definitely worth getting.


Draped Pleather Mini, 78sd

This piece doesn't seem to be as popular as the others, judging by the fact that it hasn't sold out yet. I'm guessing the disinterest is due to the fact that it has an odd shape and many people think it might be difficult to style. I do agree that if you want something you can wear a jacket over, this skirt isn't for you. But I think it could easily earn its place in any wardrobe if a bit of thought is put into how to style it. The stud details combined with black fabric make it a highly current yet unique piece that can go with many things.

What I bought:

As much as I liked all of the pieces above, I only ended up with one item (the shorts), mainly because I know I would hate myself for spending so many Stardollars in one place if I had bought more. I'm really happy though, because this is my first ever LE item. I was never Superstar at the right time to buy it before (although the collections were so bad I didn't care!).



How I've styled them for now:

Jacket - Windows on the World (Bazaar) | Shirt - designed by me
Shorts - LE | Tights - Basics | Clutch - Archive (Bazaar)
Sunglasses - Killah | Shoes - Killah | Hat - designed by me

x Ravessa

No comments:

Post a Comment